THE PRIMARY CONTROL BANKS
Upon arrival in the CLARALUX TESTING FACILITY you will be facing a wall of controls.
They are color coded for quick visual understanding.
GREEN = Quick and Safe changes that can be made on the fly in the CLARALUX TESTING FACILITY
YELLOW = Changes that MAY have an increased cost on performance
RED = The RESET switch.
If you turn around, you’ll be facing the CLARALUX OBSERVATION TOWER, which has similar controls but from a higher vantage point.
So… from LEFT to RIGHT we have:
GREEN : RESET DEFAULTS :
This restores CLARALUX’s default settings – which I believe provide the lowest “cost” in terms of performance – and will make your life easier in terms of starting from scratch if you have to.
GREEN : LIGHT LEVEL :
- Each subset of lights has 10 in-game settings, controllable here by pulling the chain.
- Lights will appear differently depending upon your weather mod and other conditions (including potentially ENB settings). In other words, a LIGHT LEVEL setting of 3 may be perfect for vanilla weather, but too dark for CLIMATES OF TAMRIEL.
- LIGHT LEVEL controls both brightness and radius. Higher is brighter and wider.
GREEN : LIGHT VARIANCE :
- Adds an organic effect randomizing the LIGHT LEVEL within this range.
- Higher is a wider range. For instance, if you’ve chosen a LIGHT LEVEL of 5 and a VARIANCE of 2, you will see lights with LIGHT LEVELS between 3 and 7.
- Great option for a less uniform look.
- A setting of 0 maintains a single LIGHT LEVEL across all LIGHT SUBSETS.
- LIGHT VARIANCE will only change when you’ve applied a new LIGHT LEVEL. This was a performance decision and is by design.
YELLOW : LIGHT GLOW :
- A “haze/glow” that surrounds all lights with 10 sizes available.
- Often helpful when using the “mist” setting from a compatible ENB
- Can be disabled by setting to 0
- Higher is wider.
- LIGHT GLOW will only change when you’ve applied a new LIGHT LEVEL. This was a performance decision and is by design.
- Disabled by default since the inclusion of GLOW adds new scripts to Skyrim’s fragile Papyrus queue. In general gameplay on a decent rig, you should never see any problems, however, we all know by now that’s not the case for many.
YELLOW : RANDOMIZE SETTINGS :
- You have the option to allow CLARALUX to choose settings for you, and to display them every 10 or so seconds in game. This feature may help you get a better understanding on how certain LIGHT LEVELS, LIGHT VARIANCE and GLOW settings will appear against your chosen weather mod.
- The current settings will be displayed briefly in the upper left corner.
- If you’ve seen a combination of values that you like, simply walk away from the CONTROL PANEL. The last settings shown will be applied.
- This is marked YELLOW due to the potential inclusion of GLOW, which as we said above, adds add’l scripts to the Papyrus queue
YELLOW : TOGGLE DAY LIGHTING
- Day lighting gives the illusion that the lights are still casting some illumination during the day, which is nice especially in overcast weather or in shadows.
- This addition also (like GLOW) adds more scripts to Papyrus’ queue which can lead to Stack Overflows in some systems.
- I sadly decided that this might be a feature that is too much for the engine and have disabled it by default.
- Cosmetically, I love it but… alas… it may be simply too much for some.
RED : RESET LIGHTS:
- In the event that your scripts go “off the rails” or you see “stacking”, this selection will RESET all CLARALUX lights in a 3 step process.
- Messages will appear telling you what is going on
- At the conclusion, all LIGHTS should restore to the settings you chose prior to entering the RESET.
- It is important to note that if you’re using this option often, you are most likely experiencing dramatic SCRIPT-LAG and should immediately investigate your load-order, system resources and all appropriate MEMORY SETTINGS.